Holmes Wharf Refurbishment
Work on the Historic Holmes wharf continues as our dive team place mesh and then casings around the 80 severely deteriorated piles and fill the casings with concrete to re-strengthen the piles. This along with replacement of some of the topside decking (also done by our team) will go a long way in ensuring this local icon remains usable for the people of Oamaru. The historic wharf is under the control of the Waitaki District Council and was first constructed in 1907 so is a local identity. The wharf is used by both pedestrians and fishing vessels and is still a large part of the Oamaru community.